From the balmy banks of the Danube to the crystalline shores of Istria and Dalmatia, from the historic hills of the Croatian Uplands to the ancient walls of Stari Grad Field, and from the tables of Manhattan to the tasting rooms of Napa Valley, Croatia offers a diverse selection of wine styles and native grape varieties to suit every palate.
Croatia may be a small country but it is rich in tradition and deeply rooted in the production and consumption of wine – an alluring pastime that is increasingly available for the adventurous wine lover to discover.
Read the whole article here.
Wines and grape varietals mentioned in the article:
1. Dubrovački Podrumi Crljenak Kaštelanski 2012
2. Carić Vina Plovac Ploški 2008
3. Piquentum Blanc 2013 (Istrian Malvasia)
4. Piquentum Rouge 2012 (Teran)
5. Dingač Vinarija Pelješac 2012
6. Dingač Vinarija Dingač 2009
7. Suha Punta Tirada Babić 2009
8. Šipun Žlahtina 2013
Browse all our Croatian wines here.